The film takes place on a remote island in the outer Hebrides - blissfully untouched by the ravages of WWII until the island’s wartime ration of whisky dries up completely.
But when the SS Politician sinks on their shore en route to Jamaica, the locals gleefully loot the 250,000 bottles before the authorities arrive.
• Commentary by John Ellis
• ‘Distilling Whisky Galore!’ documentary
• ‘Whisky Galore: A Personal History’
• Interview with Hilary Mackendrick
• Introduction by George Perry, author of ‘Forever Ealing’
• Digitally remastered feature