Martin Sheen (The West Wing) stars as Army Captain Willard, a troubled man sent on a dangerous top-secret mission into Cambodia to assassinate a rogue Green Beret, Col. Kurtz (Marlon Brando, The Godfather), who has barricaded himself in a remote outpost. As Willard ventures deeper and deeper into the wilderness of the jungle, he embarks on a strange journey that leads him to Kurtz – but also forces him to come face to face with the terrifying vision of the heart of darkness in us all.
With an all-star critically acclaimed cast that also includes Robert Duvall (The Road), Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider), Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones) and Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix Trilogy), APOCALYPSE NOW so impressed the Cannes jury when shown as only a work in progress that it won the Palme D’Or that year (tied withTin Drum). Vittorio Storaro’s stunning cinematography and masterful sound editing from the genius Walter Murch won the film deserved Oscars and were just two of many awards the film has won over the years.
- THE HOLLOW MEN, MONKEY SAMPAN "Deleted scene"
- ADDITIONNAL SCENES
- KURTZ COMPOUND DESTRUCTION WITH CREDITS
- THE BIRTH OF 5,1 SOUND
- GHOST HELICOPTER FLYOVER
- A MILLION FEET OF FILM: THE EDITING OF APOCALYPSE NOW
- THE MUSIC OF APOCALYPSE NOW
- HEARD ANYGOOD MOVIES LATELY ? THE SOUND DESIGN OF APOCALYPSE
- THE FINAL MIX
- APOCALYPSE THEN AND NOW
- PBR STREETGANG
- THE COLOR PALETTE OF APOCALYPSE NOW
- AN INTERVIEW WITH JOHN MILIUS
- A CONVERSATION WITH MARTIN SHEEN
- FRED ROOS: CASTING APOCALYPSE
- THE MERCURY THEATRE ON THE AIR: HEARTS OF DARKNESS - nov. 6, 1938
- APOCALYPSE NOW: THE SYNTHESIZER SOUNDTRACK BY BOB MOOG
- 2001 CANNES FILM FESTIVAL: FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
- DISC CREDIT