Nicolas Roeg’s iconic science fiction odyssey, The Man Who Fell to Earth, has been stunningly restored in 4k to mark the 40th anniversary of this cult classic.
Featuring a startling and era defining lead performance from David Bowie in his debut feature role and based on the cult novel by Walter Tevis, The Man Who Fell to Earth endures as, not only a bitingly caustic indictment of the modern world but, also, a poignant commentary on the loneliness of the outsider.
Thomas Jerome Newton (David Bowie) is a humanoid alien who comes to Earth from a distant planet on a mission to take water back to his home planet in the midst of a catastrophic drought.
Using the advanced technology of his home planet to patent many inventions on Earth, Newton acquires incredible wealth as the head of a technology-based conglomerate (aided by leading patent attorney Oliver Farnsworth Buck Henry, The Graduate) that he intends to use to finance the construction of a space vehicle to ship water back to his planet.
Newton embarks on a relationship with hotel maid Mary-Lou (Candy Clark American Graffiti) and makes progress with the construction of his vehicle but soon finds his true identify at risk via his roguish colleague and confident Dr. Nathan Bryce (Rip Torn Men in Black) who threatens not only his relationship with Mary-Lou, but his freedom and chances of ever returning home.
- New interview with costume designer May Routh featuring original costume sketches
- New interview with stills photographer David James featuring behind the scenes stills
- New interview with fan Sam Taylor-Johnson
- New interview with producer Michael Deeley
- New The Lost Soundtracks featurette, featuring interviews with Paul Buckmaster and author Chris Campion
- Interview with Candy Clark
- Interview with writer Paul Mayersberg
- Interview with cinematographer Tony Richmond
- Interview with Nic Roeg
- Trailers / TV spots
- Watching the Alien featurette