Lionel Jeffries’ beloved film version of ES Nesbit’s THE RAILWAY CHILDREN is a tale that has inspired kids and parents alike since its release in 1970.
When Father is mysteriously arrested, the Waterbury children and their Mother (Dinah Sheridan) downsize and move to the country, where Bobbie (Jenny Agutter), Phyllis (Sally Thomsett) and Peter (Gary Warren) discover the local steam railway and befriend the station porter Mr Perks (Bernard Cribbins) and Old Gentleman (William Mervyn), who waves to them from his train every morning.
To celebrate 40 years since the release, Optimum Releasing have digitally restored the film and included new extras such as, Now and Then :a retrospective documentary on The Railway Children.
• Now and Then :a retrospective documentary on The Railway Children
• Jacqueline Wilson (Acclaimed Children's Author)
• Jenny Agutter (Roberta Waterbury)
• Bernard Cribbins (Albert Perks)
• Sally Thomsett (Phyllis Waterbury)