Cameraman illuminates a unique figure in British and international cinema; Jack Cardiff, a man whose life and career are inextricably interwoven with the history of cinema. Jack’s life and work helped elevate cinematography to an art form and made history with his groundbreaking vision and technical wizardry on A Matter Of Life And Death, Black Narcissus, The Red Shoes, The African Queen and many others.
Amongst many fascinating revelations and anecdotes, Jack relates what it was like to work with Hollywood’s greatest icons, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Kirk Douglas and Sophia Loren. Packed with stunning clips from newly restored classic movies and over twenty original interviews with the world’s greatest actors, directors and technicians, Cameraman explores Jack’s life and work in compelling detail – a unique and invaluable testimony to an exceptional life.
• Interview with Craig McCall by Ian Christie
• Jack's actresses portraits
• Jack's behind the scenes movies
• Cinematographer and director relatioship
• Working with three-strip Technnicolor
• Theatrical Trailer
• Photogalleries x 2: Jack Actresses portraits/ Production Stills