Stephen (Dirk Bogarde – The Servant) is a middle-aged professor at Oxford University. Stifled by his life of marriage and academia, he yearns for an affair with his beautiful and enigmatic student Anna (Jacqueline Sassard – Les Biches). He is locked into a battle for Anna’s affection against her fiancé, William (Michael York – Logan’s Run), whose youthful vitality he envies, and with his friend and academic rival Charley (Stanley Baker - Zulu), whose media profile and sexual success he covets.
Along with The Go-Between and The Servant, ACCIDENT is one of the three film collaborations between legendary director Joseph Losey and playwright Harold Pinter. Often acknowledged as the pinnacle of Losey’s distinguished career, ACCIDENT is a compelling and unforgettable masterpiece.
OVER 50 MINUTES OF NEW AND EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS
• Interview with Dirk Bogarde biographer John Coldstream
• Interview with Harold Pinter expert Harry Burton
• Interview with feminist author and academic Melanie Williams
• Interview with film critic Tim Robey
• Joseph Losey and Harold Pinter discuss Accident (1957)
• Talking About Accident documentary featuring an interview with Harold Pinter